Tuesday 28 February 2012

London Fashion Weekend



On Friday I hotfooted it down to London to spend a day in the sun and in the stunning surroundings of Somerset House for the London Fashion Weekend.

Billed as London's premium designer shopping event, it certainly lived up to its expectations. There was a good mix of designer, vintage clothing a new and up coming designers selling goods with up to 60% off if you cant find anything to buy here, there is no hope! You were certainly spoilt for choice in the shopping department.
There was also a Richard Nicoll pop up shop where I managed to bag myself a lovely shirt for a bargain £30, I was very happy indeed.

With talks and demonstrations from the likes of Elizabeth Arden, Hilary Alexander and Premier Model Management if shopping isnt your thing there is still plenty for you to do.
I even managed to get my make up done by the Elizabeth Arden team totally free of charge which was a lovely unexpected treat.






Next up and what I was most looking forward to was the catwalk show. Hosted by Take Me Outs Zoe Hardman, who has the best hair ever!
The show was split into collections from both Holly Foulton (who also designed the fab free tote bag I got) and Antipodium. I really enjoyed both of these collections especially the lovely prints in Hollys collections.

And then there were 2 "looks" Prim Rose and Game On. Prim Rose was definitely very me, I loved the pastel colours, peter pan collars, lace dresses. All very Spring/Summer Louis Vuitton.

I'm not massively into the "sporty" look as i don't think its suits me but it was styled really well and had a look of Alexander Wang about it.

There was something for everyone in the show and was all totally wearable and I know it certainly gave me plenty of ideas.

I finished the day off with a glass of champagne and some people watching. Really what more could you want from a day out in London?

No comments:

Post a Comment